THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR TANNING SESSION
Exfoliate, shave/wax and moisturize with lotion, not oil. It is important to use a water-based exfoliate as an oil-based exfoliate will interfere with your tan. Soak Up The Sun Tanning recommends using our South Seas Skincare Product Bora Bora Body Polish. Also, pay special attention to your legs, knees, ankles, feet, elbows and knuckles.
THE DAY OF YOUR TANNING SESSION
- Be sure to shower/exfoliate
- Wear a dark colored swimsuit, undergarments that are not your best or opt for no tan lines
- Do not moisturize the day of the session
- Remove makeup, deodorant etc
- Remove your contacts and jewelry
- Allow 15 minutes for your tanning session. The actual session will take about 5-10 minutes, then another 5 minutes to dry.
AFTER YOUR TANNING SESSION
- You must wait 6-8 hours before you shower or exercise…..the longer the better! This will allow the solution ample time to react with the amino acids in the skin.
- If you choose to sleep before showering within hours after the solution is sprayed on your body, sleep on dark sheets or blankets as the solution may rub off.
- Wear dark colored loose fitting clothes. Don’t wear tight clothing; anything that chafes the skin will cause the tan to rub off.
- Wear flip-flops/sandals.
- After showering, apply Soak Up The Sun Tanning South Seas Moorea Moisturizer Shea Butter Lotion to hydrate your skin. Hydrated skin will prolong your spray tan.
- Two days after your tanning session, apply Soak Up The Sun Tanning South Seas Tahitian Tan Extender to help prolong your tan.
- Use Soak Up The Sun Tanning South Seas Tahitian Tan Mist to touch up your face, hands and feet when needed.
Soak Up The Sun Tanning recommends using our South Seas Skincare Products:
Beach Bling Shimmer Lotion, Moorea Moisturizer Shea Butter Lotion, Tahitian Tan Extender and Tahitian Tan Mist. (touch-up mist until your next session) You can find these items on our products page.